Join First Transit Canada as a HD Fleet Mechanic Apprentice! First Transit is proud to offer:
Fleet Maintenance Technician Apprentice major responsibilities
- Competitive Industry Wages
- Comprehensive group benefits including Medical & Dental, and company matched RRSP Program
- Career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Technician Apprentice job requirements:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Valid driver's license
- Provincial license/certification is required
- Previous experience maintaining and repairing heavy duty or automotive vehicles is required; Bus, Transit and Coach bus experience is preferred.
- Must have mechanic's tools
- Ability to work independently and with a team
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry. Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Maintenance and Technicians