ADMN O 24R - Policy Analyst Position Classification
Administrative Officer R24 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually Close Date
5/25/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Health Ministry Branch / Division
Professional Regulation and Oversight Job Summary Policy Analyst
Administrative Officer R24
We currently have 7 positions available:
- 5 full time, permanent opportunities, and
- 2 temporary opportunities. One (1) temporary opportunity is for up to 18 months and one (1) temporary opportunity is for upto 7 months from date of hire. These positions may become permanent or be extended.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies within the Professional Regulation and Oversight Branch.
Wherever operationally feasible, we offer flexible work arrangements, 2 days working from home and 3 days in the office, including the opportunity to telework (with some conditions, such as all mandatory employer courses must be completed prior to implementing a telework agreement) as set out in applicable employer policies.These positions may be performed from either Victoria or Vancouver, subject to office space availability in Vancouver.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Make a difference in this rewarding career opportunity
The Health Sector Workforce and Beneficiary Services Division (HSWBS) at the Ministry of Health is responsible for health sector workforce strategies and policies that contribute to effectively meeting patient and population health needs and improving patient outcomes through the efficient delivery of health services.
The Division has the following primary areas of responsibility for the health system:
- Allied Health Policy Secretariat
- Professional Regulation and Oversight
- Physician Services
- Labour and Agreements
- Compensation Policy and Programs
- Beneficiary and Diagnostic Services
- Emergency Medical Assistant Licensing Branch
- Nursing Policy Secretariat
- Health Workforce Planning and Implementation
The Professional Regulation and Oversight Branch is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for the regulation and oversight of health professionals working in British Columbia so patients and their families can be confident they are receiving high-quality, safe care at all times. The Branch monitors the performance of regulatory and oversight mechanisms on an on-going basis, and where required, introduces legislative, regulatory and policy changes to ensure these mechanisms are effective in protecting British Columbians.
These positions support their respective work units by conducting research and analysis, preparing reports, briefing materials and presentations, and providing strategic advice on a broad range of workforce planning policy, regulatory and/or program issues.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Carina.Isles@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
*Related experience may include:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, economics, social sciences or a related field and 1 year related* experience; OR
- Diploma in business administration, public administration, economics, social sciences or a related field and 2 years related* experience; OR
- Certificate in business administration, public administration, economics, social sciences or a related field and 3 years related* experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to those with:
- Experience researching policy issues and conducting policy analysis.
- Experience managing projects and/or project components.
- Experience providing support to Management and providing advice and recommendations.
- Experience working productively with internal and external stakeholders.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- A Master's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, or related degree.
- Experience in the health sector.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Administrative Services, Health Services
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians