Location: Alberta (province-wide)
Business Unit: Engagement and Partners | Membership
Reports to: Segment Manager
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Overall job purpose:
The Advisor, Medical Profession Engagement is accountable for building and maintaining exceptional external relationships with key regional medical organizations to drive profession-centered engagement.
The Advisor is also responsible for planning, executing, and measuring impactful, inclusive, and vibrant engagement programs/initiatives that support the CMA’s strategic goals, in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
The successful candidate will effectively identify issues, gaps and emerging needs of members and key medical organizations in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. They will have demonstrated experience effectively researching, tracking and engaging audiences, generating insights, and translating this knowledge into effective strategy development and engagement best practices.
Preference is for this role to be based in Alberta.
- In collaboration with the CMA Engagement and Partnerships teams, the Advisor will develop and evolve regional relationships with key medical organizations (including medical school faculties, post-graduate programs and regional physician and learner associations, etc.).
- Build key member relationships by identifying and recruiting local champions that can assist in achieving the CMA’s engagement objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of health care developments, in the areas of policy and politics, anticipating potential impacts on the business and adapting strategies accordingly.
- Understand and champion the diverse needs of regional members across the CMA Enterprise to ensure the user voice is represented in strategic initiatives, projects and processes.
- Collaborate with regional external stakeholders to design and deliver new engagement opportunities (E.g., conferences, seminars, presentations, trade shows, etc.) that support members needs and align with the CMA’s priority issues.
- Work collaboratively with multiple internal teams (Marketing and Communications, etc.) to develop unique and impactful content, tools and resources promoting profession-centered engagement.
- Collaborate with the Segment Specialist and the Community Engagement team to organize and support existing CMA Enterprise engagement initiatives (Ex. regional member forums, president round tables, orientations, etc.) in your region.
- Become a CMA membership Subject Matter Expert (SME) by being knowledgeable about the CMA’s member value proposition, latest member data, key strategic initiatives, ongoing engagement opportunities and its subsidiaries products and services.
- Use and update the CMA’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Champion the use of the CRM across the CMA Enterprise for an improved, personalized member experience.
Key skills and competencies:
All positions have the following core competencies:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Creativity and innovation
- Political acumen
- Member/client/stakeholder focus
- Results oriented
In addition to the core competencies, all people manager and senior individual contributor positions have the following leadership competencies:
- Strategic thinking
- Leading and managing change
- Developing others
- Team leadership
In addition to the competencies listed above, the following skills and traits are required:
- Self-starter, proactive and ability to influence facilitate and negotiate with cross-functional teams possessing conflicting priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Bilingual (English and French, oral and written) is an asset.
- Confident and articulate communicator capable of inspiring strong collaboration in, and between organizations.
- Highly self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong public speaker.
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills, including attention to detail and a focus on milestones and deadlines.
- Ability to manage complex projects concurrently, organize work schedule and prioritize.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze data/outcomes to recommend new programs/initiatives or improvements to existing initiatives.
- Identifies relevant segment growth and retention opportunities by utilizing segment insights of the needs, attitudes, preferences, and trends for the member segments.
- Results driven individual to reach annual engagement targets for their assigned region.
- Proactively tracks and analyses program and initiative results, utilizing the CMAs CRM platform, with a focus on ROI and developing recommendations for program/event enhancements.
- University degree with specialization in the field of business or in a related discipline or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience related to the position.
- 3-5 years in a similar role or function.
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong, positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Face to face business development experience, preferably in a physician services environment and/or medical industry.
- Experience in planning events, customer service and project management.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications; comfortable learning and navigating new technology and software applications including but not limited to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Occasional travel within Canada will be required as and when public health situations allow (up to 30% of time may be spent travelling during seasonal peaks).
- Ability to deliver presentations during the day, evenings and/or weekends.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CMA is an equal opportunity employer and will reasonably accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring process.
Conseiller ou conseillère, Mobilisation de la profession médicale
* cliquez sur le lien pour une description compléte en français.
Health Care Non-profit