Co-op/Intern Reference code:
115521 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Quebec City; Brossard; Laval; Montreal Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.Are you a current student looking to pursue either a Coop term or Internship? Well, why not start by launching your career with the one firm where you can make a bigger impact than you ever thought possible. What will your typical day look like?
Our Actuarial and Insurance Solutions (AIS) practice will not just offer you a typical actuarial role. You will build innovative solutions to advance the actuarial field in addition to developing a deep knowledge of actuarial technical concepts and understanding the issues that will affect our clients.
More specifically, a career in AIS will offer you the opportunity to:
• Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with a diverse set of people who are eminent in their respective technical field
• Develop cutting-edge solutions in collaboration with our teams and with clients
• Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
• Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagementsAbout the team
The Assurance practice's value statement, or more simply, why we exist, is to "Build and elevate trust to help create a more resilient and sustainable tomorrow."
The AIS practice is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional service line that engages with clients across the Life, Property & Casualty, and Pension industries. Our Canadian team is part of Deloitte's worldwide actuarial network, which includes over 1,500 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. Our service line performs client engagements that include, but are not limited to, technical actuarial work, enterprise risk management, actuarial process re-engineering, regulatory advisory, pension de-risking, predictive analytics, and M&A due diligence.
AIS is also part of Deloitte's insurance sector practice and provides a wide range of services that go beyond the actuarial discipline.
Our main objectives as a practice is to meet our clients' evolving needs and develop solutions that can help them take the next step in an industry being disrupted by emerging technology, stringent regulations, and changing customer needs.Enough about us, let's talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
• Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma in the fields of actuarial sciences, mathematics, risk management or a related field & significant progress towards ASA preferred (passed at least two SOA or CAS actuarial exam is an asset)
• Aptitude to synthesize quantitative analysis and effectively relay this information to others
• Research, financial analysis, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated capabilities in teamwork, leadership, strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong Computer skills - Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, etc.), Internet search tools, AXIS, etc
• Ability to build rapport within the practice and deliver high-quality work under time constraints
• Shows a keen interest in the insurance and pension industry and exhibits passion in driving innovation in the actuarial field
• Shows a commitment to the insurance/pension industry/risk management/data analytics fields through relevant classes/project work, past employment, and/or case competitions
• A strong entrepreneurial spirit who takes initiative in finding new work within the actuarial teamOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to lifeBe yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.The next step is yours
Apply by (September 24th 2022 at 11:59PM ET)
.To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Accounting, Quantitative Analyst, Risk Management, Developer, Equity, Finance, Data, Technology
Apply now "
Banking, Finance and Insurance Other