New Graduate Reference code:
115168 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Montreal, QC; Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters. So what's next?! We're here to help. At Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients, while leveraging a diverse and powerful network to solve our clients' most pressing concerns and complex challenges. What will your typical day look like?
As an Analyst in Assurance, you will:
About the team
- Serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country, as opportunities arise
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of Accounting Operations and Reporting Advisory projects
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Participate in current state findings workshops in order to understand and document key financial processes (i.e., procure to pay, order to cash, record to report, etc.)
- Understand and document companies' IT architectures, as well as conduct research into financial systems
- Develop materials for, and participate in the delivery of, finance effectiveness and visioning workshops
- Document companies' key performance metrics, as well as visualize these metrics using visualization tools
The Assurance practice's value statement, or more simply, why we exist, is to "Build and elevate trust to help create a more resilient and sustainable tomorrow." Our Assurance team focuses on enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. Our core services include new standards implementation services, accounting framework conversion, securities offering services, IPO readiness, accounting and reporting for transactions, CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), andTechnology Advisory. We are looking for professionals with strong problem-solving skills (diagnostic and solution development), a breadth of knowledge with respect to the operational aspects of financial reporting, and strong facilitation skills. Enough about us, let's talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life Be yourself, and more.
- Working towards completing or finished the CPA, CA designation
- Must possess strong technical skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in, and knowledge of, Public Sector Standards, IFRS, ASPE, and internal controls and risk
- Ability to approach engagements with a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options) and with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Strong facilitation, presentation skills, communication skills (both written and verbal)and problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Experience with financial systems and tools (i.e. Blackline, Workiva, Concur, Tableau, etc.) is an asset
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.The next step is yours
Apply by : Calgary : September 18, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. ET
Edmonton : September 18, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. ET
Halifax : September 25, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. ET
Toronto : September 18, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. ET
Vancouver : September 18, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. ET
Winnipeg : October 3, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. ET
Fredericton : September 25, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. ETTo be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Developer, Equity, Accounting, CPA, Law, Technology, Legal, Finance
Management and Executive