Associate designerNamed to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.As a member of the software development team in the Quebec City engineering office, the Associate Designer contributes to the design of tools for the analyzer production process.Reporting to the software group supervisor, you will create or modify tools that will be used during the various stages of analyzer production.Your responsibilities
- Design tools to facilitate the production steps of analyzers.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the possibilities of improvement of the tools already in place.
- Collaborate with the production team to adjust the tools developed according to their needs.
- 2 years of experience or less as a software developer with the Java language
- Initiative, creativity, and attention to detail
- Collaborative, solution-oriented approach with strong oral and written communication skills
- A bachelor's degree in the field of computer science
- Good command of French and English
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.