AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Platform is the glue that holds the ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Do you get excited working on new challenges every day? Do you like to problem solve, drive solutions and influence what features should be launched for customers? Business Operations team is looking for a talented operations audit manager who can assess and manage risks for the BizOps team that drives programs/solutions across cross-functional teams across the company such as Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Operations, Customer Service, Development teams.
As business operations audit manager, you will define, execute and effectively manage audit programs. You will create and provide risk metrics to senior leaders. The audit manager assesses our overall control environment and provides assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of our controls. In this position, you must be able to understand technologies used for managing complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes that may include financial, regulatory compliance, operations, and organization policy. You should be comfortable interacting with highly technical software development engineers and business partners. Candidates must possess the ability to understand business requirements and processes to continue to create an accurate and efficient billing platform for both internal and external customers. Ingenuity, critical thinking, questioning assumptions and the ability to think outside the box will be a must in this highly ambiguous environment.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee , Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People with Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com
A day in the life
About the hiring group
Job responsibilitiesBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting, finance, information systems, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years of relevant billing operations, auditing, risk management, project management, and/or software development.
- Strong background in audit methodology (including external, internal, and IT Audits), assurance, risk management and governance.
- Strong background in business process improvement.
- Demonstrated business judgment as well as ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a bias for action, good judgment and critical thinking, and a proven ability to influence others.
- Experience in reporting and data analytics.
- Experience in process mapping and data flow diagramming.
- Experience involving system performance analysis and optimization.
- Experience in E-commerce payments processing
- An MS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Customer Service background
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail; able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate technical information to internal and external customers or vendors
- Proactive and forward-thinking attitude and creative problem-solving ability
- A motivated self-starter who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Information Technology Operations and Logistics