BAND 3 - Director, Projects and Strategic Initiatives
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$77,700.20 - $110,000.05 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Jobs, Economic Recovery & Inn
Ministry Branch / Division
Innovation Strategy, Policy and Coordination
Job Summary Director, Projects and Strategic Initiatives
Management Band 3
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Innovation Strategy, Policy and Coordination Branch leads the development of strategy and policy in support of provincial technology, innovation and related investment initiatives. The branch also provides expertise on B.C. research strengths, human-capacity building, management of the B.C. Knowledge Development Fund and leads the planning and coordination of provincial technology and innovation programming.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Innovation Strategy, Policy and Coordination Branch, the Director Projects and Strategic Initiatives leads major cross government projects that relate to Technology and Innovation program or policy design and delivery. Current projects include the development of an intellectual property strategy and a technology and innovation roadmap for British Columbia. Projects involve the tracking of technology data and statistics for sub-sectors or horizontals technologies - e.g. for emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence. This position has supervisory responsibility for two full-time employees.
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here!
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Matt.Zahynacz@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in business administration, political science, public administration, project management, related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years in each of the following:
- Experience at a senior level leading major projects of large scale and complexity that have multiple project delivery components.
- Experience leading organizational change associated with implementation.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary senior level professionals and/or managers in the development and implementation of complex projects.
- Experience providing leadership and expertise in the development of strategic policy in a public sector or similar highly regulatory environment.
- Experience researching, analyzing and evaluating complex issues and information to assess the impact on policy and broader organizational goals.
- Experience establishing, building, and maintaining collaborative working relationships with executive, colleagues and external stakeholders, for the purposes of defining and developing policy or leading governmental relations, and managing related issues.
- Experience in business planning, contract management, financial management, and negotiations.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience with development of strategic policy in the Economy Sector.
- Experience researching, analysing and evaluating complex issues in an economic development environment.
- Experience working at a senior level with the technology and innovation sector.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive