BAND 3 - Senior Project Manager, Banking Security & Compliance
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$80,800.00 - $114,400.02 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Finance
Ministry Branch / Division
Banking & Cash Management/Provincial Treasury
Job Summary An opportunity to provide branch direction and leadership in Banking Security & Compliance
The Banking & Cash Management Branch (BCM) enables government to collect and disburse funds through financial transactions. Under the authority of the Financial Administration Act (FAA) and government core policy and procedures, BCM is responsible for the banking infrastructure and services that enable government to complete financial transactions with citizens, customers, vendors and employees and ensures the effective management of government funds related to these transactions.
Working within a time-sensitive and complex environment, the position is responsible for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance program. The Senior Manager is responsible for leading the annual audit engagement and managing the compliance project plan.Job Requirements:
- Project Management related designation such as a PMP, CAPM, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in all of the following:
- Leading Information Systems audits.
- Financial and information system security, preferably within the BC Government financial framework.
- Delivering results and working with multiple stakeholders across a highly complex organization within tight timelines.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following experiences:
- Security related designation such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Security Manager, Certified Information Systems Auditor, etc.
- Implementing and understanding the PCI Data Security Standard of issues facing the payment card security industry.
- Working as a Qualified Security Assessor.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Jean.Hope@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
This position is excluded from union membership.
This position can be performed from any of the following communities:Victoria and Vancouver
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Finance, Leadership and Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance