Permanent Reference code
:100864 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Calgary; Edmonton; Fredericton; Moncton; Ottawa; Quebec City; Saint John; Toronto; Vancouver; Winnipeg Our Purpose
Have many careers in one Firm.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Build a network of colleagues for life
The Risk Advisory (RA) Quality & Risk Management (QRM) team supports the RA practice in embedding a culture of quality throughout the engagement lifecycle. Working with the Firm's RA QRM teams located both in Canada and Chile, the team focuses on evaluating potential engagement opportunities with clients.What will your typical day look like?
As a QRM team member, you will interact with engagement teams, review and assess documentation such as proposals, contracts etc., with a risk lens and will support all levels of firm practitioners through the process.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Monitoring the quality and completeness of submitted documentation and engaging with teams to provide timely feedback.
• Interacting with leaders and managers to provide guidance and education to engagement teams on required documentation and how to navigate QRM processes.
• Analyzing and summarizing trends that may indicate topics for training or need for process adjustments.
• Report on submitted documentation quality and completeness and overall adherence to QRM processes.
• Interacting with QRM team members to prioritize requests from engagement teams to ensure timely response.About the team
This role is part of a team, reporting into a QRM Manager. It allows for collaboration, experience and exposure in Canada and Chile, along with interaction with other QRM and internal teams. This role will also involve other activities to support the QRM team on a project basis or as needed.Enough about us, let's talk about you
• 2-4 years of work experience in compliance or risk
• Previous work experience in professional services is an asset
• University bachelor's degree, ideally financial or business-related
• Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills with ability to resolve issues within area of responsibility
• Ability to apply appropriate judgment in resolving or escalating issues and making decisions
• Solid verbal and written (English/French) communication skills
• Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently to manage the end-to-end process for tasks assigned
• Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• English and French languages requiredOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Risk Management, Manager, Management Consulting, Equity, Finance, Management, Quality
Management and Executive