Description What to expect as a Cloud Engineer at Elastic Path?
At Elastic Path, Cloud Engineers work in a dynamic environment where energy and ideas are always valued. You will NOT be another brick in the wall.
Within our larger SaaS operations group is a tightly collaborative team of Cloud Engineers, Performance Engineers, and Operations Engineers. As a part of the Cloud Engineers team, your primary objective is to create a rock-solid IaC platform holding up our SaaS business. Essentially, you build the cargo ship that holds all of our functional containers and delivers that functionality to our customers aiding in our 99.99% uptime SLA.
Your secondary objective is similar to a site reliability engineer, working with individual service teams, helping them solve their infrastructure requirements and helping them understand what their service looks like in production.
The tools and automation you help design and develop will allow us to efficiently operate our test environments (mostly in AWS) using container orchestration tools, configuration management tools, and infrastructure-as-code. These ideas will be forged into our IaC platform supporting the Elastic Path Commerce Cloud product, our SaaS-based commerce platform, based significantly on Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes. You will be a great match, if:
- You are smart, very talented and like working with smart and talented people.
- You think of simple answers to complex problems.
- You have an affinity for systems administration but from a developer's approach.
- You have experience with developing and operating containerized environments in Amazon Web Services, ideally using Kubernetes and perhaps even Terraform!
- You love #!/scripting anything and everything, especially in Python or Bash.
- You think about things like feature branching vs. continuous integration and canary vs. blue-green deployments and you think infrastructure-as-code is the only way to go.
- You are security conscious - you don't want to be hacked.
- You're not afraid jumping on a zoom call and working through a sev1 production incident with operations.
- You've read Release It by Nygard like 11 times.
- You are committed to contributing to the development and improvement of the security capabilities of Elastic Path, its systems, technology, software products and SaaS offerings.
: We are looking for candidates to be based anywhere in Canada (ideally in the EST time zone). Elastic Path is a Remote First employer, and you'll have the tools to work from wherever suits you best. What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
Who we are:
- A computer science degree or equivalent education experience
- 3 - 5 years experience as a cloud, SRE, or devops type engineer
- Experience operating production sites and dealing with the weird thing customers do
- Experience troubleshooting severity 1 site-outages and complex bugs
- Experience stress and performance testing web sites to ensure they'll stay up on boxing day
- Expert-level Linux skills
- Some knowledge of Go, Java, and Node
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Experience with containers (Docker specifically)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code using Terraform
- Amazon Web Services
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world's leading brands, such as Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by. The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page . Apply Now!
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted - however they choose to identify.
Software and Programming