Position Title E-Learning Developer Posting Number 01380SA Location See Work Arrangements Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range To be determined Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 03/07/2022 End Date 03/03/2023 Day of the Week Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays Shift Monday to Friday Work Arrangements
The E-Learning Developer will work virtually and out of the Douglas College Coquitlam Campus.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The E-Learning Developer is responsible for creating the technical online 'Indigenous Skills for Success Journey, Planting the Seeds for Growth' course. The course will be user friendly and interactive to engage and motivate learners as they progress through the materials. Responsibilities
Develop and manage workplan to create the online "Indigenous Skills for Success Journey; Planting the Seeds for Growth" course and learner tools to meet project milestones and timelines:
• Review Essential Skills Journey, Planting the Seeds for Growth Course to develop an understanding of the project concepts
• Participate in advisory and team meetings to understand expectations and suggestions for creation of the updated course;
• Collaborate with project team, project advisory committee and other stakeholders to incorporate ideas around technical course delivery format;
• Create a storyboard to create a comprehensive course that is logical in sequence providing course map and learner progression indicators;
• Work closely with project team to identify potential interactive technology that can be applied to course content appropriate for the targeted audience;
• Create engaging interactive online activities that is user friendly;
• Use analytical skills to test, diagnose and debug issues with technical version of the course;
• Build the course to maximize usability experience;
• Review and refine online course applications taking into consideration feedback from pilots and stakeholders;
• Complete and submit monthly activity reports to the project coordinators;
• Ensure quality and consistency of technology and effectiveness of training materials; and
• Miscellaneous as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Educational background in computer science, technology, instructional design & development, or equivalent experience;
• Experience using Moodle, Blackboard, Zoom or other equivalent educational platforms, and plug-ins for interactive learning;
• Proven ability to design and create interactive and dynamic online learning applications across a variety of digital media platforms
• Ability to work on complex projects with multiple stakeholders
• Proven experience with the technical aspects of instructional design methodologies, course development and adult learning principles;
• Experience working in a higher education context an asset;
• Awareness and sensitivity to diverse cultural environments;
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to develop and stick to a workplan to meet objectives and milestone goals.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 02/14/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. Review of applications will begin February 21, 2022
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8673
Education and Training