Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a dedicated Field Electrician/HET who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of an on-site C175 Powerhouse, based out of our Finning Yellowknife location at the Gahcho Kue Mine in the Northwest Territories.
If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Electrician/HET certification with a valid driver's license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!Job Description:
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar C175 prime power units, with a specific emphasis on the electrical aspects and switchgear wiring
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs as required
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Site supervisors on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Journeyperson Electrician Certification
- Interprovincial Journeyperson HET Certification
- Valid driver's license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product specific courses would be considered an asset
- C175-16 Prime Power experience an Asset
- This position is supported out of our Finning Yellowknife branch currently on a 21x21 continuous shift rotation at the Gahcho Kue Mine in response to COVID-19
- Any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement
- COVID-19 Vaccination required per transport Canada Air travel requirements and De Beer's site requirement.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Sales and Marketing