Please note : Applications must be submitted in ONE PDF file (Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcripts)
EY's people in more than 170 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality, and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction, and advisory services. We strive to help all our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. EY Advisory Services is a $4 billion global practice with 18,000 professionals. With an overall Advisory market of $150 billion, there's tremendous potential for growth - and we're prepared to tap into that potential. Our Advisory team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today's complex business environment that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
You w i ll ex p e r ie n ce on g o in g p ro f e s s i o n al d ev e lo p m e n t th r ou g h di ve r se ex p e r i e nc e s, wo r l d- c l a s s l e a rn i n g a n d in d i v i d u a l ly t a i lo r e d c o a c h i n g . T ha t ' s h ow w e d e v e l o p ou t s t an di n g l ea d e r s w h o t e a m to d e l ive r on our p r o mi s e s t o a l l our s t ake h ol d ers, an d in so d oin g , p lay a c r i t i c a l r o le i n b u i l d in g a b e t t er w ork i n g w orl d f or o ur p eo p le, for o ur c l i en t s an d fo r ou r c o m mu n i t i e s. So u n d i n te r e s t in g ? W e l l t h i s is j u st t h e b e gi n n in g . W he n e v er y o u j o i n, h o w ev e r l o n g you s tay , the ex c e p t io n a l EY ex p e r ie n ce l a s ts a li f e t i m e.
Within EY, we have a Centre of Excellence (COE) located in Halifax, Nova Scotia that predominantly performs remote delivery work in the areas of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (NI 52-109 and Sarbanes Oxley) and other Assurance related procedures. We are currently looking for interns to join this growing team in Halifax, NS from May - August 2020
. The successful candidate will participate in client engagement teams, whereby he/she will be assessing, improving and evaluating/testing our clients' business and Information Technology (IT) processes and controls. The successful candidate will also assist engagement teams with performing substantive procedures and/or engagement specific procedures.
You will have the opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise to our clients in the following key area
-Controls around Financial Processes
-IT General Controls
-Application Controls Key Responsibilities
-Analyze business, financial and IT systems, and other data processing problems to identify risks and improvements in controls framework of various business processes.
-Assist clients in strengthening internal controls and business performance.
-Ensure high quality in client service informing supervisors of engagement status and managing staff performance (where applicable).
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Qualifications
• Currently pursuing a degree/diploma in Business, IT or another related major How to Apply To apply, please attach your most recent cover letter, résumé, and unofficial transcripts in one PDF file.
• All applicants must be graduating in December 2020 and onwards
• Relevant industry experience is considered an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Tech savviness - willingness to learn how to use relevant tools/software's as needed
• Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skill
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
• Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
• Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
• Integrity within a professional environment
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
To apply please visit our Student Careers Page: www.ey.com/ca/apply
1. Please select the appropriate job posting
2. Log In or Register as a New User
3. Complete all required fields on each page
4. Attach your most recent cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in one PDF file
Available sub-service lines will be listed in the pre-screening questions. Please select your first and second choice. This posting will officially close on Sunday December 8, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST.
To learn more about EY and our Risk practice, visit us today at http://www.ey.com/ca/en/services/advisory/risk
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance