Fantastic opportunity with a well-established and well-loved Vancouver company with a global reputation. The new FSA will play an integral role in a major ERP implementation project in 2022. Great role for someone who was originally an Accountant but who is now a Financial Systems Analyst. Opportunity for long-term career growth! This company pays for overtime hours and has a good pension plan.
Who- the Company:
This organization is beloved by Vancouverites and by people around the world, and the company has won global awards and recognition. The company’s vision is to be top of class in their sector. This is a business that values people, diversity, sustainability & environmental responsibility, creativity, and community.
Our client has a dynamic corporate culture and the Accounting & Finance department employs close to 40 people. Many people have been loyal to this company for a long time, including the hiring managers for this role. This is a private and for-profit organization that has exciting plans for the years to come.
What- the Role:
SWIM has been engaged on behalf of our client to find them a new Financial Systems Analyst who will play a crucial role in the company’s ERP implementation project which kicks off in 2022 (new system has not yet been selected). The FSA will provide training and Tier 1 support to corporate employees and will ensure data integrity and internal controls. The FSA will constantly be identifying opportunities for better business process and will help implement those improvements. The role also entails scheduled and ad hoc reports and documenting financial business processes. The FSA will report into the Manager, Financial Systems, and work alongside colleagues in accounting, corporate finance, IT, procurement, etc. SWIM will provide interested candidates with a detailed job description.
Who- the Candidate:
We are seeking a well-rounded Accountant who discovered a talent and passion for systems and who is now firmly on the Financial Systems Analyst career path!
- Relevant experience as an integral member of a major ERP implementation project- can be any tier 1 ERP such as Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, etc. Experience with various accounting & finance modules within an ERP.
- Hands-on accounting work experience to understand how the financial systems ties into the accounting - i.e. understanding of financial reporting, general ledger, etc.
- Canadian CPA or International equivalent. Pursuit of PMP or MBA is an asset but definitely not required.
- Proficiency within Excel and SharePoint.
- Experience providing employees with tier 1 support to address and resolve user errors, business process errors, and simple back-end errors. More complex back-end systems issues will be escalated to technology team.
- Experience providing direct user training- in-person, over video, over phone, 1x1 and in groups.
- Experience with BI tools is a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication skills with a team player attitude and the ability to build lasting business relationships and partner with people at all levels and in various departments.
As of now many employees are working from home with the occasional in-office workday. A hybrid work environment is expected to continue into the long term with a combination of working from the office and working from home - please discuss your work-from-home vs work-from-office requirements and preferences with SWIM
Base salary is commensurate with experience, education/qualifications, and skills. Additionally, employees who aren’t yet in management are eligible for 1.5x overtime pay- this is a huge perk! Much better work/life balance than many Financial Systems Analyst roles in Vancouver. Employees also participate in a group pension plan. Professional Development is highly valued at this company, and they will support employees with relevant PD (for example, PMP, CFA, etc.).
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving very quickly! SWIM is presenting short-listed candidates directly to the hiring team for review. If you are interested and would like to hear more about this great Financial Systems Analyst opportunity, please reach out to your contact at SWIM. If you do not yet have a Recruiter at SWIM, please hit “Apply Now” to send us your resume. Thanks!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance Information Technology