Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly available, durable, secure infrastructure platform in the cloud, powering hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. The AWS Messaging and Streaming team owns and operates Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), and Amazon Kinesis Data Streams (KDS). Our services provide AWS customers with the cloud messaging and streaming infrastructures needed for building highly scalable, asynchronous, and fault-tolerant distributed applications.
We are looking for Front-End Engineers (FEEs) who are passionate about building, maintaining and driving the front-end systems of Amazon SNS.
As a member of the team, you will work with a group of talented, mission-focused colleagues to propose ideas and to design, build, and evolve production AWS systems. You will have the opportunity to talk with customers to understand their needs; you will see them adopt the technology you build; and you will use their feedback to inform future development. Depending on your interests, you may work on a broad range of technical problems and full-stack design/development with front-end focused engineering. Regardless of the path you choose, you will grow your skills, solve hard problems, and ship software to customers, learning from and mentoring others along the way.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it is about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically three days a month, and also includes solving problems reported by customers. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficiency in developing full stack software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks.
• Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance