Amazon Web Services (AWS) is home to massive technologies that fuel hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We are seeking a talented and seasoned front-end engineer to lead UX for Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus, working in the intersection of open-source and hyper scale cloud services.
Our team is looking for a front-end engineer to design, build, and maintain customer experiences that span multiple observability and interactive data visualization use cases. You will help define, design, prototype, and build these experiences that empower developers, Ops and business decision makers to gain insights from cloud applications in AWS and beyond.
To achieve this, you will collaborate closely with peers, product managers, UX designers, and the open-source community.
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about optimizing user experiences and has a track record of building interfaces which are beautiful in form, function, and simplicity. The ability to work within a creative and positive team environment as well as ability to mentor others are the keys to the role.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software experience
- Programming experience with frontend frameworks and tools like and Redux.
- Experience translating mockups and prototypes into working frontend application designs and code.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current .
- One or all of the following preferred:
- Experience working with React 16.8+ and/or typescript.
- Experience with interactive data visualization and systems or search systems.
- Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
- Be comfortable with web performance profiling, troubleshooting and optimization. Familiar with web performance best practices.
- Experience with data visualization using D3.
- Track record as an open-source contributor.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming