Front End Engineer
WhereTo (now a part of Flight Centre Travel Group) is looking for a passionate, motivated and skilled Senior Front End Engineer to join our growing engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the team leading the return to travel. We are looking for a self-motivated team player, a mentor to others contributing to our culture of engineering and operational excellence, continuously improving our craftsmanship. Responsibilities
- Leading and helping the Front-End team code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind.
- You will live and breathe the virtual-DOM, pure reducers and immutable data structures.
- 4+ years professional software development experience (internships and personal projects not included)
- 2+ years experience with React.js or other web framework (Vue.js, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Experience with state containers (i.e Redux, Alt, Flux)
- HTML5 (specifically dealing with IE quirks)
- Experienced in Agile development and TDD / BDD
- Able to iterate quickly
- Strong understanding of Git fundamentals
- Experience with pure-functional programming is a bonus (Ramda, Lo-Dash FP, etc)
- Interest in full-stack development is a bonus.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP with matching
- Employee Share Plan
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location - Remote, Canada
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com Applications close:
Customer Service and Support Operations and Logistics