Finning Chile S.A. Number of Openings:
1 Worker Type:
Permanent Position Overview:
As the Global Category Manager for Finning International, you will play a key role in developing and deploying the global category strategy for Logistics. You will be supporting and executing global category management activities and global sourcing initiatives and value analysis across the regions with the accountability of managing the value of $100-$200 million budget.
This innovative Global Category Manager also develops and maintains relationships with leaders in other regions and functions at all levels with global, strategic and critical suppliers.
The ideal candidate brings a minimum 7-10 plus years of extensive logistics experience that includes transport (air, sea and road) and warehousing knowledge and has a pulse on current market logistic trends. In addition to your well-versed knowledge in Logistics is your strategic knowledge in Global Procurement. You will play a key role in partnering with all levels of Supply Chain Leadership within the Finning global organization.
If you are up for the next challenge in your Procurement career and check off all the boxes of what Finning is looking for in this role - we want to hear from you today! Job Description:
- Lead the logistics global category management function to create value, drive improvements, and realize savings across the regions in which Finning operates. Develops and Executes the global category management strategy that supports the Company strategy and Global Supply Chain strategy. Provides input and recommendations into the business processes, systems, and analysis of overall global spending to identify new opportunities for savings and efficiencies. (30%)
- Develop, grow and maintain trusted and collaborative relationships with regional business partners, contracting team partners, and stakeholders to ensure Procurement overall in a global scope (between all regions) is a valued partner and appropriately involved in business decisions. (20%)
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with strategic, global and critical suppliers to improve supplier performance and to ensure the most competitive TCO (total cost of ownership) of goods and services globally is negotiated. This role will be responsible for the global performance and regional execution through closely aligning with each Finning division to ensure global execution (20%)
- Develop, implement and drive opportunities to improve compliance, increase utilization of global suppliers to leverage economies of scale and service levels through the identification, communications, strategic sourcing and progress reporting. This includes supporting the development and accurate use of a tracking and measurement tool. (20%)
- Understand regional procurement procedures, workflows and processes and determine opportunities for improvement and standardization across the organization. Build strong relationships with regional stakeholders aligning the category strategy at an operational and procurement levels. In addition, understand and ensure compliance with all applicable regional procurement laws and regulations including tax considerations (10%)
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or equivalent experience in a related field
- Advanced business degree would be considered an asset
- SCMP, IFPSM, CIPS designation / certification or equivalent procurement/supply chain management designation or certification is preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required
- Minimum 7-10 years of management experience in a procurement organization with a focus on category management, logistics and strategic planning of a global nature
- Proficient in MS Office applications, advanced level in excel and internal systems
- Proven ability to lead and execute strategic business initiatives and strategic planning to achieve results
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills, using/developing tools for tracking and drive progress
- Experience with spend analytics tools and/or e-procurement
- Experience within larger organizations with a proven track record of influencing authority at all levels and developing and executing category management strategies
- Positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and passion
- Breadth and depth of knowledge of socio-political economics, taxation, accounting principles, the concept of total cost of ownership, cost management and process improvement
- Experienced at developing and implementing global procurement policies and procedures
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Operations and Logistics