Status: full-time employee
Accountable to: VP, Corporate DevelopmentThe Company
The DTC landscape is growing faster than ever before with new brands being created and launched every day. But with more brands launching, the need to stand out and scale becomes increasingly challenging.
At Strawhouse we build and grow thriving businesses rooted in expertise, speed, and human ingenuity. From concept to sustainable growth, we help eCommerce brands bring dreams to life through technical expertise and human-led collaboration.
Over the last seven years, we have pioneered a business model that allows for the best consumer products to win, generating over a billion dollars in gross merchandise volume for our brand partners.
We're not an agency, not a venture fund but something different altogether. By blending our capital, strategy, and operational expertise we drive exponential growth for our brand partners.
Strawhouse focuses on speed at scale, leveraging our deep experience to focus on Fast Moving Consumer Goods, particularly the verticals of health, wellness, and better-for-you food. The Role
Strawhouse is looking for a Head of Business Development who can contribute meaningfully to the hyper-growth of Strawhouse at an exciting time in its development, by building and scaling a world-class and transformational growth engine within the company.
The role, which reports to the VP, Corporate Development will manage corporate and business development opportunities with a range of brand partners across Strawhouse's existing business lines and areas of expansion.
The role will be responsible for the entire life cycle of a deal; from sourcing and structuring to negotiating and implementing, as we seek to build a portfolio of meaningful brand partnerships and opportunities. As this portfolio of partnerships grows, the role will be responsible for building and scaling a high-performing team to support this growth.
Importantly, the role will work cross-functionally, collaborating with everyone from marketing to product and engineering to sales. The ideal candidate is therefore a dynamic team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere and who has a passion for Strawhouse's mission.Key Accountabilities
- Build and scale a revenue-generating business within Strawhouse's fast-growing ecosystem, to capture and prioritize the many brand opportunities that abound
- Developing revenue-generating strategic partnerships to help grow Strawhouse across existing and new business lines
- Help prioritize leads, close deals, and plan partnership/implementation
- Accountable for planning, tracking, and documenting projects to ensure individual and team revenue targets are being met
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues including product, marketing, sales, creative and more to ensure a coordinated approach toward launching complex projects
- Research potential partnerships and provide background for pitches and partnership meetings
- Provide thought leadership in developing long term strategies and growth opportunities for Strawhouse
- Work directly with Strawhouse's leadership team as you build and scale a meaningful business development organization
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- 7+ years of experience in business development or related function, especially within related industries (marketing, tech, content)
- Experience consistently meeting and exceeding goals
- A confident and effective communicator who has experience working with C-Suite contacts and leveraging access into deal-making, and building long term, sustainable business strategies and deals
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible and has high energy to get work done
- A skilled operator who can understand complex business challenges and turn them into impactful solutions, pipeline, and deal flow
- A team player who represents Strawhouse's mission and corporate values internally and externally
- Someone who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet deadlines and partner expectations
- A passion for and desire to learn and speak about the future of DTC and eCommerce
Strawhouse is committed to cultivating and preserving a company culture that benefits from a breadth of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that we will grow stronger and learn better with a diverse team. When recruiting for new members of our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you might bring from your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, and sexual orientation. How to Apply
Please apply directly via BambooHR website: http://strawhouse.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=49
Please note that while Strawhouse sincerely welcomes interest in this vacancy, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Sales and Marketing