Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for the field troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of a variety of Caterpillar mining products.
This position will work a 21 days on/21 days off temporarily due to Covid-19, 12-hour continuous shift rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification with a valid driver's license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!Job Description:
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar and Non Caterpillar equipment
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Customer Team Leads on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Valid driver's license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong field troubleshooting skills on the Caterpillar mining product line is required
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- 793 C/D/F, 16/18 M & M3 and D10T. C4.4, C15, C32 and XQ2000 Genset machine and engine experience would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with Caterpillar equipment/engines would be considered an asset
- Engine and/or component rebuilding experience would be considered an asset
- Transmission or Hydraulic testing would be considered an asset
- Must comply with Customer's site access requirements
- HMS Training and experience would be an asset
- C-175 product course would be an asset
- This position will work a 14 days on and 14 days off, day/night 12-hour continuous shift rotation.
- Currently site is working 21x21 because of Covid-19.
- Customer f lights are provided out of Calgary, Yellowknife and Hay River
- Any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Sales and Marketing