Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our Operations Internal Communications Team.
As an Internal Communications Specialist, you will help manage strategic internal communications for Amazon nationally with a focus on our last mile AMZL business, and ad hoc responsibilities for our Sort Centre and Customer Fulfillment businesses together with the Canada Operations Internal Communications Manager.
The candidate should be based in Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver with an ability to travel occasionally to other Amazon sites across the Canada and North America. You must be able to build strong relationships, act independently, and thrive in ambiguous, complex situations.
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Develop internal communications plans and content with clear, tailored narratives to engage Amazon's AMZL operations employee and manager base
• Strategic creation and oversight of the editorial calendar related to AMZL
• Write, develop and manage approvals for Canada-specific policy and change communications
• Coordinate the delivery of content and channels
• Proactively build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders across Canada Operations, World Wide Operations Internal Communications, and with other Global Corporate Affairs partners.
• Deliver communications counsel to internal executives.
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges, and look around corners for risk
• Be the employee experience advocate, representing and protecting this through all strategies and decision-making
• Raise the bar on the team through passion for internal communications, willingness to take risk, impeccable judgment, and logic and care in decision-making
• Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it's outside the scope of the job
• Support North America/Global operations internal communications projects.
• Provide 24/7 on-call support for the North America crisis communications team for one week, 1-3 times per year.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of internal communications, corporate communications, public relations, journalism experience building robust communications programs and delivering results
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills are a must, with the ability to think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrativePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in an internal communications profession
• Experience with a national or global company
• Experience in change management or issues management
• Experience developing relevant content for a diverse, remote, and mobile workforce
• Experience developing creative approaches to difficult communications challenges
• Possess a strategic approach to problems solving; able to anticipate potential reputation issues
• Ability to exercise high judgment in fast-pace environment and with tight deadlines
• Keenly focused and able to pay attention to important details
• Bilingual (English/French)
Inclusive Team Culture Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Government Sales and Marketing