ISL 27R - Full Stack Developer Position Classification
Information Systems R27 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
1/21/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Social Dev & Poverty Reduction Ministry Branch / Division
Information Services Division Job Summary Full Stack Developer
Information Systems R27
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your digital vision, product and people leadership, planning and collaboration skills to this exciting and important role!
The Information Services Division are technology leaders, planning and delivering successful solutions with information management and information technology (IM/IT) services to both the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction and the Ministry of Children and Family. The division also provides IM/IT resource planning, decision-making, project and issues management, security and privacy functions, and desktop support. Our guiding principle is to promote a service delivery culture that is respectful, fosters positive relationships, and promotes creative problem solving with all our staff and partners in the Social Sector.
This position is responsible for coordinating the development and delivery of scalable web applications in a continuous deployment environment.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336 .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Steve.W.Hunter@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Related experience may include the following:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software engineering or related technical field, and three years of experience as a Full Stack Developer and related experience; OR
- Diploma in Computer Science, Computer or Software engineering or related technical field, and four (4) years of experience as a Full Stack Developer and related experience ; OR
- Certification(s) in Computer Science, Computer or Software engineering or related technical field and five (5) years of experience as a Full Stack Developer and related experience; OR
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Experience with API development and integration and continuous development environments.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience working in agile development environment with User Experience (UX/Service Designer teams, Software Developers, and Scrum Masters to iteratively create or improve digital products and services from conception to production.
- Experience with Software Development best practices such as: simplicity, coherence, testing, maintenance, and analysis.
- More than 1 year related experience combined with education in Computer Science or a related field.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive