ISL 27R - Information Management / Information Technology Project Manager - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Position Classification
Information Systems R27 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
3/24/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Municipal Affairs Ministry Branch / Division
Information Systems Branch Job Summary A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
Are you a person that enjoys collaborating with others in an ever changing technology environment? If yes, consider contributing your valued expertise.
Bring your Project Management skills to the Information System Branch with the Economy Sector and challenge yourself with continuous learning and improvement. The Economy Sector's ISB team serves the technical needs for a broad client base, including Municipal Affairs; Jobs, Economic Development & Innovation; Labour; and Tourism, Arts Culture & Sport.
As a Project Manager, you will manage various sized information technology infrastructure projects with significant impact to internal clients and external stakeholders. You will be accountable for defining and controlling project activities to ensure delivery within scope, schedule, budget and specified quality.Job Requirements:
• Degree in computer science, business administration, public administration, or related field; an acceptable combination of formal education and directly related project management experience may also be considered.
• Minimum 3 years experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project, including the planning, initiation, execution and evaluation phases of the project management life cycle, and responsibility for determining and overseeing project scope, deliverables, timelines, methodologies and resource requirements.
• Experience with independently managing OCIO IT projects.
• Experience in Excel with skills at the intermediate level.
• Experience in directing the work of contracted and staff resources.
• Experience in problem-solving, organizing, and communicating out on IT related issues with others in terms they may understand.Preference may be given to applicants who have:
• A PMP / CAPM designation, or to those who can provide supporting documentation of government project management 200 or higher-level courses.
• 5 years or more experience in managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project.
• Supervisory experience, including assignment of work, approval of leave, and development and evaluation of performance plans.
• Previously worked on Corporate Projects initiated by SSBC / OCIO, to those who have worked in the Corporate Accounting System (CAS), to those who have prepared iStore tickets, and / or to those with Share File and Print (SFP - aka Security Groups) experience.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Anika.Walker@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Amendment Date March 22, 2023: Posting closing date extended until March 24, 2023.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Online Questionnaire: YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive