Constantly growing in the Renewables energy market in Canada, WSP is currently seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer - Protection & Control.
The position is offered at any of our offices in Canada with a preference for Québec, Montréal, or Edmonton. Reporting to the National Electrical Discipline Manager, this position will be responsible for performing technical studies, electrical design as well as project management in Renewables Energy projects.Why choose WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Protection and control system design, mainly for high voltage substation of renewables project (wind, solar and BESS), but also for other market such as T&D and Hydro and Dams;
- Develop protection philosophy;
- Perform protection coordination studies using ETAP, EasyPower, or other specialized software;
- Prepare technical reports;
- Participate in meeting with clients, regulatory authorities and utilities;
- Program relay files in accordance with logic diagrams and protection settings established with the protection coordination study;
- Analyse fault events, find cause and propose mitigation measures;
- Assist project managers in the planning, control, and technical coordination of projects;
- Provide guidance and training to junior engineers;
- Liaise closely with established technical teams to coordinate engineering work;
- Provide due diligence support for Advisory Services mandates;
- Some travel to and from client sites may be required.
- Electrical engineer with a Protection & Control background;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in high voltage substation design;
- Knowledge of industry recognized standards and interconnection requirements on different Canadian network;
- Experience working with SEL, GE and other manufacturer protection relays;
- Experience with IEC 61850 standard is considered an asset;
- P.Eng. designation in a Canadian Province;
- Leadership qualities, strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrable experience working cooperatively and effectively with a variety of stakeholders;
- Pragmatic, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving;
- Multi-disciplinary versatility and knowledge.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.