LSO 1 OTHR - Engineer-in-Training Position Classification
Licensed Sc Off Other 1 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$51,092.24 - $64,463.79 annually Close Date
6/1/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Env & Climate Change Strategy Ministry Branch / Division
Climate Action Secretariat Job Summary Climate Solutions Engineer in Training
Licensed Science Officer (Other)1
Currently there is 1 permanent opportunity available.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
The recruitment process for this competition may take place virtually.
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies. The locations listed are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working remotely from that location could be considered.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Take the next exciting step in growing your career in Climate Change Strategy
Working under the Technical Lead, and alongside a team of Professional Engineers, the Climate Solutions Engineer-In-Training will provide technical support in the design and operation of climate programs, greenhouse (GHG) emissions tracking and reporting, and assessment of industrial emission reduction project proposals to the Climate Action Secretariat as part of the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more . Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken astaken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top offour (4)weeks annual leave.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Cheryl.Bentley@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
.For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet theeducation, experience and professional designation requirementas outlined below:Education
• Undergraduate degree or higher in engineering or equivalent, as recognized by the Engineers & Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC) (program completion by the spring of 2022 or within the last seven years) and 4 months of related experience*; AND
• Membership as an Engineer-In-Training with EGBC within 30 days of start date.*Related Experience Must Include:
• Minimum of four (4) months of Academic research or work-related experience in one (1) or more of the following:
o Climate change;
o Energy management;
o Industrial operations;
o Low emissions technologies;
o Greenhouse Gas monitoring; or
o Lifecycle Analysis
Preference may be given to applicants with:
• Experience with greenhouse gas mitigation projects and/or technology.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Professional Designation: YES
- Please include your registration number in your application. You must be registered (or immediately eligible for registration) as an Engineer-in-Training with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC). Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to obtain registration in BC from a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction. Applicants must confirm their eligibility with the appropriate BC association ( ABCFP , BCIA , EGBC ). Confirmation of registration/eligibility will be required within 30 days of start date.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.Job Category
Scientific and Technical