Permanent Reference code
:101383 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Burlington; Calgary; Kitchener; Montreal; Vancouver Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Develop your industry knowledge and technical and other abilities rapidly so that you become famous for what you do and require minimum manager supervision;
Work on client engagement teams executing VCS advisory services, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for turnarounds and/or M&A transactions;
Conduct detailed research and analysis of client, industry and market performance and develop practical strategies and action plans, including the supporting financial analysis, models and implementation plansDeloitte's Value Creation Services (VCS) team offers its clients cross-functional advisory services when deadlines are often urgent. We help solve our client's most complex business and performance challenges, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A. Are you interested in being part of diverseteam, having an impact on clients? If so, please take a look at our posting below and apply to
day! What will your typical day look like?
We're looking for a Manager-level practitioner to join our team. This individual would focus on the Pre-Deal M&A Diligence and M&A Execution pillar of our service offering, while periodically supporting our other offerings).
If you asked one of our current Managers about the types of things they've actually done over the past year or so, and which you might expect to do? They'd probably include things like:
HR Due Diligence
• Assist senior client executives, including Chief Human Resources Officers, Chief People & Culture Officers, and Chief Operating Officers, and other senior client teams in strategizing HR enabled value creation opportunities such as minimizing future operating risks or costs, accelerating people and cultural integration, and providing greater integrity during the transition.
• Assist a client in understanding and analyzing HR information to identify opportunities and risks of potential acquisition targets
• Provide technical, financial and analytical expertise to guide clients towards superior decisions based on analysis and data-driven insights.
• Perform carve-out assessment of a target, including the design of a standalone organizational structure and operating model, assessing stand-alone costs, one-time transition costs and evaluating TSA service schedule requirements.
• Unlock client's growth potential by assessing and analyzing their HR/people alignment with the business vision and market needs.
• Manage teams of approximately 2-3 VCS professionals in the delivery of both client engagements and internal practice/firm initiatives.
• Demonstrate an understanding of integrations, carve-outs, and other types of transactions.
• Assist in identifying risks and issues related to integration planning, timelines, and specifically the HR functional area.
• Manage multiple priorities while you apply your excellent project management, problem-solving, and facilitation skills. About the team
Deloitte's Value Creation Services team specializes in cross-functional and cross-industry advisory in high-urgency timeframes. We help solve the complex business and performance challenges faced by our clients, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A . . . or sometimes all of the above! Our main areas of focus are:
• Performance Improvement & Turnaround: Helping clients with rapid revenue and market growth initiatives; cost reduction; working capital optimization; and business model transitions, transformations and modernization.
• Pre-Deal M&A Diligence: Operational, IT, HR and Commercial due diligence to help clients drive informed bids, frame out risk factors, uncover value potential, and get a head start on post-merger integration planning
• M&A Execution: Working with clients pre- and post-signing to design, plan and execute post-merger integration programs that help maximize the deal value, minimize Day 1 disruptions, and accelerate and de-risk deal closing
In addition to what was noted above in what a typical day would look like, our team members also get exposure to other M&A related experiences that could include:
• Supporting other pre deal due diligence efforts, including market assessment, technology due diligence, and operations due diligence to help client make informed decisions.
• Assessing a client's state of M&A readiness with respect to people, resources, planning, data collection and strategy, while identifying significant-risks, issues, interdependences and opportunities for overall improvement.
• Assisting with the assessment and configuration of a client's target operating model, and the identification of its synergies and key value drivers.
• Delivering one or more aspects of hypothesis-driven broad and rapid EBITDA improvement. For example, completing work on: pricing studies, sales and marketing effectiveness, product and customer profitability, value analysis, supply chain, cost efficiency and organizational structure redesign and working capital management.
• Cultivate strong relationships with clients at senior levels and help drive a high degree of client satisfaction on engagements.
• Work directly with Senior Managers and Partners to qualify new business opportunities, structure and develop proposals and close the sale to help achieve overall VCS team revenue objectives.
• Build and leverage your network both internally and externally to open new channels for revenue growth for VCS as well as other teams within Deloitte.
• Embracing and living our firm's purpose - to make an impact that matters - by pushing themselves and their colleagues to identify solutions to the challenges that are the most important for our clients, people, and society.
• Have and continue to have fun! Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
•Bachelor's degree and/or a minimum of approximately 5-7 years of related work experience in professional services or strategic roles in industry tackling HR-related issues (e.g. HR strategy, HR M&A, HR Integration).
•Professional designation(s), applicable HR certifications and/or Masters level education would be considered an asset.
•Performed broad HR assessment to understand potential HR risks and issues.
•Good understanding of at least a few of the following HR areas: compensation and benefits review, organizational structure, HR function operating model, people and culture, HR payroll and regulations, labour relations.
•Experience in owning and driving the design, execution and delivery of transaction outcomes across the M&A lifecycle, specifically supporting or delivering HR M&A projects including HR due diligence, HR integrations, carve-outs, or other types of transaction engagements.
•Proven experience in core diligence and consulting skill-sets, including hypothesis-based problem solving skills, analytical rigor and discipline, and superior structured communication capability (reports, PPT presentations and other deliverables).
•Exposed to significant organizational events (e.g. restructuring, business transformation or turnaround) and how clients typically respond to them by rapidly improving their revenues, reducing their costs and improving their working capital and business models.
•Exposure to business development activities (opportunity generation, proposal development and sales close).
•Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead teams. Being bilingual in business French is an asset
•Flexibility and adaptability regarding work assignments, including willingness to learn new skills, subject matter areas and industries and willingness and ability to travel. Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
M&A, Payroll, Supply Chain Manager, Marketing Manager, Developer, Management, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Technology
Management and Executive