Fantastic career opportunity with a publicly listed company headquartered in Vancouver! Great role for a business-minded and accomplished compliance & internal controls professional who wants to work for a fast-paced, high-growth, and multi-national company with a very bright future. Generous total compensation plan and friendly culture. Company is interviewing and hiring remotely during Covid-19 self-isolation and are open to onboarding and training the new Manager to work from home.
Who- the Company:
Our client is an innovative and successful public company that is developing a fascinating product. The Vancouver headquartered company is growing by leaps and bounds! This is a company you can be proud to work for and, given their growth, there is opportunity for long-term career development. Swim Recruiting can share more information on the company’s history, their healthy financial situation, and their ambitious growth plans.
What- the Position:
We are seeking a new Manager of Operational & Financial Compliance who will join an overall accounting & finance team of 20+ people. The new Manager will be both hands-on and strategic and will be responsible for ensuring compliance, overseeing and implementing internal controls, doing risk assessment, and partnering with the business on a variety of process improvements. The Manager O&FC will interact with internal stakeholders not only in accounting & finance, but also in operations, project management, human resources, legal, etc.
The company has a fast-paced and exciting work environment with plenty of opportunity for new learning and growth over the years. Swim Recruiting will provide interested candidates with a detailed job description.
Who- the Candidate:
We are seeking an accomplished business professional who is self-motivated and passionate about doing high quality work for a growing company in an exciting industry. Qualified candidates will be team players who are able to collaborate effectively with people in a variety of departments, not just accounting & finance. Excellent communication skills are important.
- Robust experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (either working within a public company or with pu.co. clients in public practice)
- Experience and skills beyond SOX and traditional financial compliance… expertise in operational internal controls and operational process improvements is crucial.
- At least 7 years and ideally 10+ years relevant and progressive work experience. The ideal candidate profile is public practice training followed by a few years in compliance and internal controls within industry (but qualified candidates with only public practice or only industry will of course also be considered!)
- Canadian CPA Accounting Designation or an International equivalent is preferred. CIA or CRMA certification is very beneficial.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, hard-working, and eager to contribute to the continued growth of a fast-paced and ambitious public company. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Corporate head office in Vancouver, BC, in a bustling and vibrant part of town. During Covid-19 self-isolation, our client plans on interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and training remotely.
Generous total compensation package commensurate with experience. In addition to the competitive base salary there is also a healthy bonus program, an RRSP match, an employee stock option plan, a paid time off program, great health & dental benefits, a fitness allowance, various corporate social events (don’t we all miss those!?), etcetera.
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. Swim is presenting candidates directly to the hiring team. If you are interested in this unique and well-rounded compliance role working for a fascinating company creating an admirable product, please don’t hesitate to reach out soon.
If you know someone who is qualified for/interested in this position, we at Swim are always incredibly grateful of any referrals!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance