Permanent Reference code
:115846 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON We are looking for a Manager, Senior Consultant and Consultant to join the insurance industry team in our Financial Institutions Risk and Regulatory practice. Our sector focus includes Property & Casualty, Life & Health and Reinsurance. Read more below! Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
What will your typical day look like?
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Build a network of colleagues for life.
As a Manager, Senior Consultant, you work in a collaborative team environment to analyze issues and address client challenges related to risk management, process management, regulatory and/or legal compliance. Examples of topics you will be dealing with are the OSFI guidance on Risk Management, ORSA and the equivalent for provincial Regulators (e.g. FSRA). You will work for example in a capacity as team member, Subject Matter Expert and engagement leader as part of a transformation project, supporting process improvement engagements or designing enterprise risk management programs that helps in preserving organizational value. Internal Audit experience or experience in working with Regulators is beneficial, but not required. You will have a hybrid role, which encompasses developing the local Eastern Canadian marketplace, with focus in GTA area. In addition, you will have the opportunity to deliver national and international projects with our team in Toronto at mid-sized and large Insurance organizations.
Managers, Senior Consultants and Consultants are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
• Manage or participate in a diverse team of talented resources and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to enable the team to reach their highest potential
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with client contacts at the same level in the client's organization
• Develop your expertise in a specialization and your reputation as a business advisor
• Deploy and develop engagement methodologies
• Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure client satisfaction and project profitability
• Contribute to practice growth and development
• Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
• Supporting development of Points of View, White Papers and solutions we can offer to our clients to support them in the best possible way About the team
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organizations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, controls, governance frameworks, technology and operations.
As part of our team you will be:
• Working in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
• Developing solutions for our teams and clients
• Continuing your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
• Working with high profile clients on a variety of engagementsEnough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has: / You are someone with:
• 0-7 years of relevant experience in Insurance and/or Risk Management, either as an advisor or as part of the insurance industry
• Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Business Engineering, Finance, Economics, Insurance, Law or related field
• Experience in Insurance/Reinsurance Underwriting, Claims management or related Insurance experience in an insurance industry environment; functional experience in compliance and risk management is beneficial
• Experience managing risk, regulatory compliance, quality assurance and project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle, systems and technologies that support risk management is beneficial
• Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and colleagues, demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet challenging deadlines
• Willingness to travel to client locations, as requiredOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Compliance, Risk Management, Business Process, Law, QA, Legal, Finance, Management, Quality
Management and Executive