Analyze, install, configure, plan, and implement district local and wide area network infrastructure Campbell River School District 72
Position: Network Analyst
Posting Number: 23-IT-002
Location: Information Technology Department
Hours/Day: 8.00 Hours Mon - Fri.
40 Hours per Week
Start Date: ASAP
Term of Employment: Permanent
Application Deadline: Ongoing Until Position Filled
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Network Analyst position is primarily responsible for analyzing, installing, configuring, planning, and implementing district local and wide area network infrastructure. Responsibilities include maintaining server technology and providing second and third level client support. This role will also assist in researching, planning, and recommending technological upgrades to optimize the application of technology across the district, as well as mentoring staff. The successful candidate can expect opportunities for growth and continued professional development along with a competitive benefits package and pension.
School District 72 (Campbell River) IT department is focused on improving the digital experience for our students and staff. Join our growing team as we build new solutions and services to support our academic community. We have a mix of on premise and SaaS solutions and offer staff the opportunity to specialize and diversify their experience.
Campbell River is a scenic, oceanfront community framed by extensive waterfront, west coast forests and snow-capped mountains. The area is renowned for its natural beauty and recreational opportunities such as skiing, kayaking, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, golf, and endless opportunities to experience nature. The moderate climate allows residents to participate in numerous outdoor activities on a year-round basis.
School District 72 (Campbell River) is located on the east coast of central Vancouver Island, extending north to Sayward and south to Oyster River. The District also includes the outer islands of Read, Cortes, and Quadra. The District serves over 5,500 students in 18 schools with a diverse range of programs that are progressive and responsive to the educational needs and interests of students. Qualifications, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Industry certifications in Networking, Security and IT Systems Management.
• Preference given for Palo Alto PCNSA/PCNSE; SSCP/CISSP Certifications.
• 5+ years' experience in Networking and Information Systems in an enterprise environment.
• Data Centre experience in IT infrastructure support: Microsoft Server, VMWare, storage and DR.
• Knowledge and experience in IT governance, BCP/DR and BC privacy legislation would be an asset.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office 365 / Azure Security and Compliance policies would be an asset.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team.
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License with reliable transportation. Job Characteristics and Requirements:
• Provide service and support for devices and software in use within the district.
• Provide first and second level support on computer hardware and software issues.
• Design, maintain and set standards for the district's enterprise network environment including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless and voice systems.
• Design, maintain and set standards for the district's enterprise cloud and on prem environment.
• Serve as the internal escalation point on client and system network connectivity, security, and performance issues.
• Implement upgrade procedures and standards necessary to keep the network equipment at vendor and industry recommended levels.
• Researches, recommends, and orders parts, equipment, and software.
• Other duties as assigned.
To view the original posting online, please visit Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3G1MSW4
The rate of pay for this position is $35.44 (Maintenance Tradesperson rate), in accordance with the current Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 723.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted or acknowledged. The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal record check. WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
• Professional development and growth opportunities
• Make a difference
• People-focused leadership
• Comprehensive benefits including a defined pension plan APPLY HERE: https://cimsconnect.sd72.bc.ca/jobconnect/joblist.aspx Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level