Our Office Coordinator is responsible for supporting our downtown Victoria office, as well as remotely helping with our Vancouver office
Quartech is an IT solutions and consulting company located in beautiful British Columbia, with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. With over 35 years of IT sector experience we provide customized technology solutions, design and develop software, technology integration, and end-to-end Cloud Solutions on the MS Dynamics 365 platform.
Quartech works in Agile environment and in alignment with the DevOps philosophy. Constantly on top of the changing market, we work with emerging technologies like IoT, Blockchain & AI. We continue to experience significant growth year after year, focusing on building highly collaborative teams who work on a range of projects across multiple industries. At Quartech you'll have the opportunity to deliver meaningful work to communities across the province, with significant support for your professional development.
Our Office Coordinator is responsible for supporting our downtown Victoria office, as well as remotely helping with our Vancouver office. You'll be the first point of contact for visitors & clients, as well as our existing team - you will handle mails, incoming calls, and questions about office life. While you'll have responsibility for facilities & maintenance of the office, you'll also be able to create a warm & inviting space for our new and long-term employees through event planning, communication, and your own creative touches.
Additionally, our Office Coordinator is a key resource to our leadership team, booking travel, helping with admin tasks, and coordinating meetings. Location:
Victoria, BC (primarily in-office) In this role, you'll...
To be successful in this role, you should bring the following...
- Handle general office support like answering phone calls, responding to general company inquiries, managing correspondence, office access, and handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Perform reception duties like managing the general phone & email, as well as greeting visitors
- Ensure the office facilities are clean, organized, and well maintained
- Keep track of office inventory including ordering and replenishing office supplies and snacks
- Work with vendors, suppliers and service providers (like the building manager and janitor) in both offices to order supplies, equipment, and other necessary items
- Manage office expenses, process invoices, and track office expenditures
- Coordinate meetings, appointments & office events like celebrations and social events
- Make travel arrangements for the leadership team including booking flights, hotels, and transportation
- Track and maintain office files, records, and databases including vehicle lists, floor plans, and fire marshal areas
- Assist People & Culture with welcoming new employees with welcome packages, building access & workstations for new employees
- Provide employee assistance on various office related needs and inquiries
- Support Senior Leadership Retreats by coordinating retreat accommodations, meeting rooms, food, and refreshments.
- Facilitate office communication and distribute important notices to employees
- Support office projects and initiatives such as corporate event planning, office renovations, or process improvements
- Work with People & Culture team to ensure office complies with health and safety regulations and safety measures are implemented
- Help in implementation and enforcement of office policies and procedures
- Prepare reports, presentation and other documents as needed
- Perform other related duties as required
- At least 3 years' office admin experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Great interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to contributing to team & company success
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization
- Confidence in your multitasking, prioritization, and decision making skills
- A collaborative style with a strong customer service orientation
- Outstanding organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- A friendly and out-going personality
- Resiliency in the face of changing circumstances and tasks
- Ability to occasionally travel between Victoria and Vancouver (Burnaby) offices
What's exciting about working with us:
- Deliver WOW
- Do the right thing
- Have fun!
Apply here! Images Additional Info
- Be part of a driven team focused on solutions that support social change and environmental sustainability
- We offer competitive salaries, extended benefits, and our Employee and Family Assistance Program helps to support your well-being
- We support your work-life balance and understand that flexibility isessential
- We are growing and have great opportunities for advancement and career development
- We are passionate about education and provide learning opportunities
- We are dedicated to building a diverse team where people feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and perspectives
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level