First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for On Call/ Casual Transit & YATS Drivers in Yellowknife, NT. We are seeking qualified licensed drivers and operators for our transit system & our accessible transit system. Previous transit experience is not required but you must be fully licensed to apply at this time. We are offering a co mpetitive Hourly Rate of $28.50 RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enjoy interacting with the public
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and demeanor
- Drive one of several different coach/buses or company non-revenue vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the contracted service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Maintain the appearance of the interior of the bus
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents, and communicate with dispatch as required.
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs
- Perform all other duties assigned
- The qualifier for our Transit system must possess a minimum of valid Class 2 NWT driver's license or equivalent with a "Q" endorsement (air brakes).
- The qualifier for our YATS will possess a minimum of valid class 4 NWT driver's license with a clean and clear driver's abstract
- A record of safe and responsible driving over the past 5 years
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts
- A good general knowledge of the demographics of the service area
- A clean and clear drivers abstract
- To be able to pass vulnerable sector records check
- To be able to pass drug and alcohol testing (this includes cannabis, which is prohibited by corporate policies)
- Transit environment: early, split & late shifts may be required
- Safety focused, clean respectful environment
- Interaction with the public
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.