Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with most recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology with interactions with leading companies in this space and engineers within Amazon developing the capability. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. AWS Support provides technical support to a global list of customers that are building mission-critical applications on top of AWS services.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, a / Engineer might thoughtfully work with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way or a deployment is failing, consult with a diverse range of engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
The AWS Premium Support team is seeking an experienced Operations Manager, located in the Mountain Time (MT) or Pacific Time (PT) zones to virtually lead a team of 15-20 Support Engineers providing world-class support on all AWS offerings (http://aws.amazon.com/
). Our customer facing engineers resolve customer technical issues ranging from EC2 Linux general guidance through technical deep-dives identifying and resolving complex Big Data (EMR, Data Pipeline) configuration and 3rd party integration issues. Support engineers also develop many of their own tools and interact heavily with their peers developing the offerings.
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
Our Engineers are also the "voice of the customer" and have a strong voice into the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role!
A suitable candidate would be someone who is extremely customer focused, who could multi-task and utilize both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers resolve their complex technical issues.
Your role and responsibilities will include
• Field technical support inquiries from customers.
• Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance.
• Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning.
• Make recommendations to customers about how new AWS offerings fit in their company architecture.
• Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (be their voice).
• Work with some of the leading technologists around the world.
• Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
• The right person will be highly technical, analytical, and have experience managing technical teams. In addition, this person will have a record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience and be passionate about the growth and success of AWS customers. Strong verbal and written communication skills also a must.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Engineering, Computer Science, IT Degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years' experience in managing engineering teams in high-paced operations environment with 5+years as a senior manager with a track record of success.
- Hands on Technical experience in Security technologies
- Technical experience in AWS services
- Innovative-thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus
- MBA or equivalent experience.
- Experience handling large enterprise technical customer escalations
- Exceptional people leadership and engagement skills and demonstrated ability to inspire and motive large teams of 25+
- Project and program management experience in delivering key business outcomes • Strong record of driving projects to improve operations and support-related processes and the right technical support experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics