AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Do you get excited working on new challenges every day? Do you like to problem solve, drive solutions and influence what features should be launched for customers? AWS Business Operations team is looking for an Operations Program Manager that supports accurate financial processing on Amazon platform technologies. In this position, you will manage projects in the financial space, support monthly accounting and reporting processes, and participate in new business launches. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to accounting, finance, businesses and technical teams. You must be able to work independently, remain flexible with the ability to prioritize workloads, and maintain a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead Improvement Projects/Kaizen events to bring together cross-functional teams to identify opportunities and achieve targeted performance improvement in a compressed timeframe.
- Support monthly accounting and reporting processes
- Assess process improvement and transformation opportunities, and partner with process owners and stakeholders to scope opportunities, define problem statements and objectives, and structure projects and teams.
- Build high-quality, standardized processes that consistently deliver intended outcomes, optimize efficiency, drive automation efforts, and develop best practices.
- Provide day to day resolution to tier 3 escalations and help stakeholders in making right decisions.
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations.
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas, and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus.
About the team
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.comBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years in finance or a related field
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and make recommendations based on your findings
- CPA (or equivalent)
- PMP (or equivalent)
- Experience in e-Commerce payments processing
- Experience working with a fast-paced and complex company
- Customer Service background
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail; able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate technical information to internal and external customers or vendors
- Proactive and forward-thinking attitude and creative problem-solving ability
- A motivated self-starter who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Operations and Logistics