Optimization & Quality Control Specialist
Remote, BC or Remote AB
Are you an Optimization Specialist looking for a challenging and exciting role to join a leading growing company?
Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
Reporting to the GM Operational Services the Optimization Specialist is responsible for the recommendation, evaluation, training and support of Tolko’s optimization systems within the lumber product sector. This includes, but is not limited to, 3D and/or 2D based log merchandizing, log breakdown, gang edger, board edger, trimmer, and planer optimization systems. The Optimization Specialist will work closely with Quality Control personnel to test, verify, and adjust the scanning and optimization systems at each site.What We’re Looking For:
What We Offer:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a technical/engineering discipline
- Professional certification as an engineer or technologist
- 5+ years of experience in forest products manufacturing;
- Optimization project leadership;
- Extensive experience with:
- Sawmill optimization systems: log merchandising, log breakdown, edging, trimming
- Planer optimization systems: automated grading
- Scanning technology: 3D geometric, 2D color vision
- Quality control: sawmill, planer
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.COVID-19:
Tolko has implemented a Vaccination Policy that applies to all Vernon office employees. The policy requires all staff to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and ongoing employment. If you are unable to be fully vaccinated, you may be eligible to request an accommodation under provincial human rights legislation.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Operations and Logistics