At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Edmonton, Calgary, and Halifax, we employ over 350 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
To find out more about Microserve, click here.
Position Overview and Summary:
Microserve's internal Business Process Management (BPM) Team is growing and we are looking for a Power BI Reporting Team Lead to join our virtual team! This role can be remote anywhere in Western Canada.
A key area of responsibility will be to provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and support to a team of three (3) Reporting Analysts. Your role will be to provide them support with technical questions, guidance on PowerBI and to drive the development of reporting solutions which provide insight on KPI's and overall business performance. You will help provide direction and coaching on the designing, deploying of reports as well as maintaining reports & a dashboard within PowerBI. Not only will you be coaching this team, you will also act as another reporting resource and will be jumping in to support business reporting needs as well. This is a "player/coach" role so if you are someone who likes to lead a team and do the work alongside them then this role is perfect for you.
Provide Technical Support & Guidance (30%):
- On all things PowerBI including Dataflows, distribution of reports, visualizations, implement procedures to improve data management and time to deliver reports, etc - you will be the Subject Matter Expert on the team!
- To help implement the ETL framework
- To your team of PowerBI reporting analysts
- On Identifying and proposing strategies around technical problems that are affecting the team
Develop & support business reporting solutions (60%):
- Conduct requirement gathering meetings to identifying, define, and capture the right data and metrics for report and dashboard design
- Translate customer needs into clear requirements and simple/meaningful reports by leveraging business intelligence infrastructure to transform raw data into meaningful and intuitive visualizations
- Develop reports and dashboards using multiple data sources and to ensure they are built to specifications
- Building corporate and business unit dashboards using PowerBI (highest priority), Power Automate, DAX, PowerQuery
- Pull raw data from enterprise systems and apply ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques
Support the BPM program (10%):
- Participate in process improvement initiatives by sourcing required data and providing support to the team as required
- Create process maps, standard operating procedures and supporting documentation, such as process documentation/workflows, knowledge articles, and self-service guides
- Act as an ambassador of BPM by raising awareness of continuous improvement concepts and tools to internal stakeholders
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A university or college degree in science, engineering, management, or a related discipline
Knowledge or experience with Power Automate, DAX, PowerQuery/PowerAutomate;
3+ years Data modelling experience with PowerBI
- Ability to write SQL queries and understand the syntax of SQL is an asset
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong working knowledge of state-of-the-art database concepts/design/deployment, recovery techniques, performance monitoring and tuning, Structured Query Language and relational database design techniques
- Demonstrated aptitude for quickly learning new technologies, equipment, and software
- Multi-disciplinary experience includes comprehensive knowledge of Project Management practices, team management, risk management, and user acceptance testing
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team or individually, and a self-starter
- Ability to speak with & interview internal customers (soft skills)
- Ability to set schedules, deadlines, milestones and work/project timelines to support delivery of assigned projects
- Ability to take self-guided online courses and to self-teach additional components of tools
- Conceptual & analysis skills
- Communication (spoken & written)
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to work in ambiguous situations
- Preferred skillsets
- Experience working with ConnectWise is an asset
- Lean,Six Sigma, BPM Methodology experience or exposure