The Amazon Web Services team is looking for a passionate Security Incident Response Engineer who can lead the response to security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world. You must thrive in high-pressure situations, and think like both an attacker and defender, while working through the entire incident response lifecycle. You'll be working in a global team environment where clear and accurate communication and collaboration on security issues is critical.
In this role you'll be conducting security monitoring and response activities for the Amazon internal network. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of operating system security, network security, cryptography, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence. We don't expect you to be an expert in all of the domains mentioned above, but we do expect you to be excited to learn about them!
You'll apply your creative and critical problem solving skills to quickly design and build tooling that enables programmatic automation at a massive scale. You must have a passion for engineering solutions to complex security challenges, and recognize and fill gaps in capabilities. Above all, you should be passionate about information security, the threat landscape and security automation and tooling.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent related field.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
- 3+ years experience on a Security team, especially experience coordinating responses to security incidents.
- Proficiency with one high-level programming or scripting language.
- 5+ years experience working in security response, security automation tooling, or threat intelligence.
- Familiarity with malware analysis, forensics, SOAR, SIEM platforms, and a variety of Operating Systems (MS Windows, Linux, MacOS)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance