Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Alma; Amos; Bas St-Laurent; Brossard; Burlington; Bécancour; Calgary; Chicoutimi; Dolbeau; Drummondville; Edmonton; Farnham; Fredericton; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax; Havre-Saint-Pierre; Hawkesbury; Jonquière; Kanata; Kitchener; La Baie; La Sarre; Langley; Laval; London; Markham; Matane; Mississauga; Moncton; Montreal; New Richmond; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City; Regina; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saguenay; Saint John; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon; Sept-Îles; Shawinigan; Sherbrooke; St-Félicien; St. John's; Toronto; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Windsor; Winnipeg Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
The Family Enterprise Consulting practice is a specialist team within Deloitte dedicated to working with families in business together to help them manage the opportunities and complexities unique to family businesses, particularly complex generational transitions.
We are looking for a process and human centered practitioner to join the team and play an integral role in building the Family Enterprise Consulting practice. Your contribution to the team will center on relationship building, learning, governance, succession planning, conflict resolution, and practice management.What will your typical day look like?
You will help design custom processes, conversations and presentations aimed to help our HNW/UHNW family clients answer key questions, such as: What is our family ownership vision? What is the purpose of our wealth? How can we develop our next gen leaders? How do we avoid the negative impacts of wealth? What governance structures would help us in our communication and decision making? What practices, policies, and agreements will support family engagement and collaboration?
This role will entail project management on an allocated portfolio of client engagements and key responsibilities in supporting the FEC practice. You will attend and contribute to client meetings, recording and writing up the content and outcomes. You will produce the required materials for meetings and workshops, preparing slide decks and presentations. You will research topics of interest to families as we work to build out our library of resources and materials. You will support clients in the drafting of client documentation, be it reports, family constitutions, action plans and meeting minutes. This role takes a multi-disciplinary approach and you will work to engage other professionals (e.g.: external legal counsel, tax, strategy) in service of our family clients.About the team
It is a privilege to work with enterprising families and to help them manage the complexities they face as individuals in relationship with others, as a family working together, as owners and future owners making decisions that impact their stakeholders, and as employees and executives managing daily operations. We participate in creating learning environments for our clients that engage family members who range in age from 7 years old to 87 years old. We actively work to integrate the latest research and practices from the fields of psychology, conflict transformation, human centered design, group facilitation, adult education, and the growing field of family enterprise advising to create a meaningful client experience. We embrace humility and welcome vulnerability, realizing that we can learn a tremendous amount as observers and participants in the process.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• 3+ years experience in a consulting environment, working with clients in a sensitive nature.
• An undergraduate and/or post graduate degree with some combination of Business / Law / Sociology / Anthropology / Psychology / Political Science / Philosophy would be preferred.
• Interest in the unique issues that face family enterprises.
• Interest and experience in a combination of the following: Family and general systems theory, Anthropology and human-centered design, Organizational psychology or design, Law (shareholders agreements, trusts, family agreements), Mediation or conflict management, Principles of wealth management, Wealth psychology, Strategy consulting, Business governance.
• A strong interest in learning about the multi-disciplinary field of family enterprise advising.
• Advanced computer literacy with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong English writing skills.
• Willing to travel nationally.Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Consulting, Developer, Equity, Manager, Drafting, Technology, Finance, Management, Engineering
Management and Executive