Senior Asset Manager
Successful applicants will be expected to actively contribute to our Asset Management group, which is part of the wider Advisory Group. You will be working alongside the senior technical team, to provide technical deliverables to clients, including development of asset management plans and associated supporting documents, analytics applying optimization, prioritization and other decision-support tools, support the business development team in writing bids, and other deliverables.
Within the team you will be working with highway and rail transportation networks, municipalities, pipelines, real estate portfolios and power utilities, providing service to both public and private clients.Requirements
- Proven experience working in an engineering and / or asset management consultancy.
- The ability to pursue ambitious and challenging goals.
- A person who actively follows trends an integrates these into your work.
- Excellent self-management skills, including working effectively without direct supervision, managing, and organizing fluctuating workloads in sometimes stressful situations.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, including oral and written communications; particularly the ability to present ideas, information and advice in a way that resonates with a range of audiences.
- First class writing skills.
- An excellent understanding of asset management documentation including ISO 55001, and other global, national and provincial best practice guides.
- Strategic asset management experience advising government and / or private organizations.
- Knowledge of advanced decision-making tools and the theory underlying these tools, and how to apply them. Specifically - for example, the application and use of optimization, risk and other simulation environments.
- Excellent data analytic skills and the ability to interpret your findings and present them in a clear and concise fashion, support clients in developing their asset management narrative.
- A successful track record in management of infrastructure and the application of asset management.
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels (strategic, tactical and operational) in a client's organization.
- You will be accountable to the regional team leader, but will be supporting the delivery of projects across Canada and potentially North America and Globally.
- Travel is expected as part of this role, both within Canada and potentially globally.
- Minimum 6-10 years' professional experience in the asset management field with a background in infrastructure asset management and related activities.
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in an engineering or equivalent subject.
- Appropriate asset management qualifications gained from recognized organizations such as WPiAM / IAM / PEMAC
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.