Amazon S3 powers businesses across the globe that make the lives of consumers better daily. Whether its electronic content delivered to your home, technology that betters your remote working experience, allows you to plan travel to exotic places or simply get stuff delivered to your home. As a Senior Software Development Manager in S3, you get to deliver these capabilities and delight our customers through teams of talented engineers and leaders.
S3 Index Control Plane comprises of the series of detection mechanisms, workflows and services that ensure that the metadata store that identifies where our customers' objects are placed in our storage system is sufficiently scaled and healthy to meet the most challenging requirements. We serve hundreds of millions of customer requests every second, and solve difficult distributed systems problems in order to stay ahead of S3's tremendous growth since its launch in 2006. Under your strategic leadership, the organization will evolve these services, and where needed rethink the status quo, to ensure we continue to raise the availability and performance bar for our customers.
The ideal leader will meet with and work backwards from Fortune 500 customers, shaping the strategic direction for the team, is excited about the incredible opportunity that cloud computing represents, and is passionate about delivering quality services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities can shift fast. You excel at leading managers and developers, and have a track record of building strong engineering teams. You have a strategic focus, yet retain hands-on management as you build your team. You set vision and long-term direction. You've had success leading operational services and are ready to apply that experience at even greater scale. You will own the goals and roadmap of your engineering team and will have a major stake in the strategic direction of your software.
S3 operates at large scale and stores critical data for customers world-wide, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so that we're all able to maintain high standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering and LGBTQ+.
Come work hard and make history with Amazon S3!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/BA degree in a technical field
• 10+ years of software engineering experience
• 8+ years of management experience leading a world-class team, including 2+ years of experience in managing software development managers and multiple teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skill
• Design and state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems, with strong analytical skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & , patterns and algorithms
• A leadership position in a team delivering solutions at scale.
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience delivering cloud services will be a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming