Do you enjoy building innovative, delightful experiences that developers love? Come join the AWS Step Functions workflow experience group in building the next generation of frameworks, tools, and libraries that will empower developers to harness the full power of AWS Step Functions.
AWS Step Functions is a workflow service that developers use to build distributed applications, automate IT and business processes, and build data and machine learning pipelines using AWS Services. AWS Step Functions makes it easy for developers to build workflows and applications visually through the Workflow Studio in the AWS Console, or through code in the programming language of their choice using the AWS CDK or the Step Functions Data Science SDK.
If working closely with customers and seeing the immediate impact of your efforts on hundreds of thousands of them excites you, AWS Step Functions is the place for you!
How do you know if you are a good fit for us?
You are fascinated by distributed systems and want to innovate in developer experiences that help customer build serverless, fault-tolerant applications that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering not only in the implementation but in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You love working in agile programming environments and running fast to deliver evolution for your AWS services.
We belong to the Application Integration Product suite and independently operate out of Vancouver with 300+ sized organization and growing. We are at the heart of the serverless movement and work closely with other serverless services to ensure customer can build seamless event/message driven architectures at AWS scale.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Work closely with Product Managers, UX designers, and other senior engineers to shape the definition vision, design and development of product features from beginning to end.
• Own delivery of integral pieces that will transform the developer experience for our customers
• Interface with internal and external customers to drive new products and features
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team's deliverables
• Mentoring junior engineers to grow and develop them as software engineersBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering teamPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience solving infrastructure software architectural and design issues
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
• Understanding of asynchronous and distributed systems problems
• Outstanding adherence to project deadlines and understands the balance between doing it right and getting the job done
• Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming