Sedaru (part of Aquatic Informatics)
Sedaru operates the world’s leading utility management software as the singular, exclusive interface for utilities to access information, automation, and control of the business and assets they run. We do this by creating, automating, and consolidating the digital utility, one workflow, one sensor, one system at a time to bring together the organization’s data, systems, and the people they serve with Sedaru software and services.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Aquatic Informatics (https://aquaticinformatics.com/ (https://aquaticinformatics.com/)) is a mission-driven software company that organizes the world’s water data to make it accessible and useful. We provide software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Water monitoring agencies worldwide trust us to acquire, process, model, and publish water information in real time. We offer a full range of solutions, from standalone software packages for individual users, hosted software services, and enterprise-wide national systems. We serve over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Are you passionate about programming, next generation cloud infrastructure, and making a difference? We are looking for a Senior Back-end Software Engineer to develop and deploy, cloud infrastructure, data models, web services, algorithms, and data-intensive applications in microservices framework to support the company's mission of One water One Platform.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our development team of 25 people and changing the world solving asset management and water problems.
- Develop and deploy cloud infrastructure, microservices, and algorithm backend.
- Develop and deploy next-generation cloud infrastructure and backend engine powering company’s software application.
- Develop and deploy computational algorithms and statistical methods for Big Data Analytics.
- Develop pattern recognition/business intelligence from correlated field mobility, asset management, communication, sensor data from production facilities, consumption data from IoT, and simulated and real-time conditions (BI and Prediction).
- Agile-based Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) across all apps.
- Processes and Tools for Continuous Improvement.
- Provide mentorship, code review, design principles and pattern to junior engineers.
- Team player with good communication skills and desire to share knowledge with others.
- Produce high-quality results by leading or contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, environmental/water science, engineering, data science, or a related technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of industry experience in software development in scientific applications, algorithm development, cloud computing, and data-intensive applications.
- Cloud: AWS Technology (EC2, S3, Neptune GraphDB, ECS, Elastic Cache, Lambda, API Gateway).
- Programming Languages: Strong Python programming skills (serverless AWS Lambda environment preferred), C, and C#.
- Microservices: API Development & Testing (knowledge of Postman is a plus).
- At least 5 years of Commercial Software Product Development Experience (Vs Software projects)
- SDLC: Agile-based Software Development Life Cycle.
- TDD: Test-Driven Development (TDD) across all apps.
- Processes and Tools for Continuous Improvement.
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Passion for using data to solve challenging, real-world problems.
- GIS: ArcGIS Enterprise/Server/Rest API/JS SDK/ArcGIS Pro/ArcGIS Desktop.
- Hydraulic Modeling: EPA Net or similar commercial modeling software, EPA Net Developer Toolkit, or digital twin.
- Timeseries/Big Data: SCADA, Metering, IoT/Sensors data storage and analytics.
- Machine Learning (ML)/Data Science: Experience building and deploying scalable Machine Learning (ML) algorithms and pipelines. Understanding of foundational statistics concepts: linear/logistic regression, random forest, neural networks, etc.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.