Are you passionate about building great software, working with smart and motivated software engineers, and solving incredible technical challenges? Then this opportunity is for you! The AWS Database Services team is looking for Systems Development Engineers for our offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
We're looking for true "Dev" and "Ops" people. Some of these people might have come from a traditional "Sys Admin" role, but have a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and the ability to dive deep into code to find and fix issues, as well as building their own software systems that are more than just scripts. Other candidates could be Software Engineers who have a passion for not just building software, but seeing it all the way through the lifecycle into production, and then owning the day-to-day operations of a deployed system.
Regardless of your background, the ideal person will be passionate about building and running large scale services, will have experience with software engineering, Linux server administration, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
Specifically, we're looking for a special someone to automate building new regions and delivering new database versions for the RDS Oracle team. We're currently struggling with some automated processes and are looking for a brilliant systems engineers to automate our pain away.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3 years experience in either technical support or software development
- Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Development experience with at least one object-oriented programming language (such as Java, Ruby, Python, C++/C#)
- Experience with running / troubleshooting Linux-based servers (any distro)
- Understanding of key networking concepts such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), OSI model, DNS
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or a related field
- Knowledge of databases like Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLServer, etc (Oracle preferred)
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Must be able to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and closely work with development team to drive product improvement.
- Passion for automation and providing a great customer experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming