Are you someone who is passionate about service design and wants an opportunity to have a REAL impact on your work?
Button is looking for a Service Designer to join their growing team!
- You LOVE communication and community collaboration – you have a passion for social good and want the opportunity to make an impact in your work.
- You’re super familiar with evidence- and context-based design and you use your expertise in this area to design better and higher-quality deliverables wherever possible!
- You’re enthusiastic about mentorship and continuous learning! You are a natural mentor but also LOVE to learn from your peers so that you can grow your own knowledge base and skill set.
A Day in the Life
- Analyze failure within services and identify root causes for that failure.
- Help identify opportunities for optimization and experience improvement within existing services.
- Understand user needs and identify where separate interactions with the user should act as one service that meets those needs- Arrange these separate interactions into collaborative user journeys.
- Look for commonalities in activities across services where solutions could be made.
- Facilitate STELLAR workshops to bring stakeholders together across business areas.
- Create and rapidly iterate service prototypes effectively.
- Identify and design new service patterns and standards.
- Champion the communication and collaboration with a cross-functional Agile team of designers, developers, and other technical roles.
What You Bring to the Table
- A passion for Service design so strong that you completed a post-secondary degree and/or diploma in it or in a related field.
- Prior experience with assessing service and providing constructive feedback.
- You have experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of individuals and collaborating on designs with other designers and developers – plus you LOVE collaboration and THRIVE on a team!
- You are confident and know your way around tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, or Axure.
- Experience in uncovering and challenging constraints.
- Experience in analyzing, and translating research to other team members and stakeholders (you’re always eager to learn new things!).
- Ability to explain ideas and facilitate design decisions in a way that other people can understand.
- Ability to build a business case for design wit and for a business area.
- And, last but CERTAINLY not least, you bring a passion for the impact-driven mission and vision of Button! You’re ready to dive into things and learn!
Bonus Points if You Have:
- Experience creating rapid prototypes and sketches (extra bonus points if this is what excites you!).
- Experience with leading or facilitating workshops.
- An understanding of how form and function work together.
- An understanding of how to remove complexity from services.
- An understanding of the Agile way of working (how we operate at Button!).
Button’s team is integral to our efforts of creating a sustainable future using digital transformation. As you embrace this exciting opportunity to foster community connection, you can also expect:
- Work-life balance and employee wellbeing are a value of ours! We provide employees with 25 days of paid time-off and a competitive compensation plan.
- Prioritization of the wellbeing of our employees and their families with a generous benefits package and health spending account!
- A commitment to continuous learning and growth opportunities to help you realize your professional and personal goals.
- Friday Socials, Wellness Wednesdays, and birthday treats to celebrate your special day as a must-have for us. We like each other – a lot!
- A collaborative, inclusive, and positive work culture that praises flexible remote work -- you make your hours, as long as you’re able to meet with the team on PST time.
Since 2018, Button has been building reliable technology for government with the goal of creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. Our agile, multi-disciplinary team works on truly impactful technology projects – from emissions reporting for climate action to creating solutions for managing a global pandemic. We create secure, easy-to-use systems that maximize citizen impact. We are passionate about creating stronger communities through technology, and have our sights set on expanding across Canada in 2021 and beyond.
Button is fully remote. As such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. Preference may be given to candidates in Victoria or Vancouver, BC. Must have a Canadian Work Permit.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.
Have we piqued your interest? Apply today with your resume and cover letter! We can’t wait to hear from you.