To apply for the role, you should possess strong analytical, design, and problem diagnosis skills. You like thinking "outside the box", are not afraid of ambiguity, get excited about difficult challenges, and are a motivated self-starter. You are a strong team player and thrive in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential and delivering rock solid, customer focused solutions is paramount.
Why would you want to work for the Amazon Kinesis team?
- Impact: streaming data processing is the next wave of `Big Data Analytics' and is one of the hottest areas of computer science. You will work on core technology that will be used by some of the most innovative companies in this space.
- Technology: Amazon Kinesis Firehose leverages cutting edge computer science and world-class engineering and is built on top of Amazon's revolutionary cloud platform. You will have the opportunity to get involved with and contribute at one of the frontiers of computer science.
- Wear many hats: You will have deep ownership of many different aspects of the service, such as product direction, technical design and implementation, and operations.
- Learning: Work alongside some of Amazon's most senior engineers and learn how to build and maintain a massively scalable and reliable service.
Inclusive Team Culture
- Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
- Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of at least one modern programming language, such as C++, Java, C, or C#
- Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services.
- Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, Storm, Spark or other Big Data processing platform.
- Experience with at least one modern scripting language such as Ruby, Python or PHP.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming