The Amazon Payments Services organization processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems. Come challenge yourself in a team-oriented atmosphere, and watch yourself grow with one of the fastest growing areas of the Amazon e-commerce services platform. We have several positions available for creative and independent engineers with a passion for scalable, high-performance services to define and build Amazon's Payments Acceptance & Experience systems and launch new payment methods across Amazon's global portfolio. You will use your experience to drive innovative, customer-focused payment solutions to provide local paying experiences for Amazon's customers around the globe. We build wallet services that serve checkout, fraud prevention and payments processing at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We innovate to improve customer experience across the globe, with support for high availability, low latency, choice of payment methods, fraud prevention and reducing payment declines, compute localization and many new exciting and challenging ideas that are in the works. We deliver game-changing financial processing power for the some of the world's largest technology platforms including Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, Physical Stores and Amazon Web Services.
As a member of the Amazon Payment Services Team, you will invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a massively scalable, rock-solid platform solution using object-oriented Java on various UNIX-flavored platforms. We are a fast-paced environment, using agile methodology and lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
If you are a strong developer with experience and interest in distributed systems and databases, performance and scalability, we'd like to talk to you.
As a software development engineer, you will:
- Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed services that secure and serve customers' payment data, support cool new initiatives such as mobile payments, and provide first-class customer experience on Amazon's websites and mobile devices.
- Be involved in designing, implementing, and testing of major features in the next generation of Amazon's payments platform.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
The ideal candidate must be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. Other preferred skillsets:
- Masters in Computer Science or related area or equivalent industry experience
- Experience writing code in a high volume, service based architecture
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- Experience with algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++ or Perl.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming