At Amazon Recruiting Engine (RE), we are customer obsessed and think big. As part of the Amazon HR organization, we directly influence the future growth of Amazon. To achieve this goal we are seeking a passionate Software Development Engineer in Test (SDE-T)
We are seeking a driven and innovative SDE-T to help build the next generation of recruiting systems. The team has high quality bar, will live and breathe sound development practices and will iterate quickly to deliver the best user experiences. Come be part of a team that directly shapes and influences the future growth of Amazon!
As an SDE-T on this team, you will have the opportunity to influence design and architectural choices which impact our system, our workflow, and most importantly, our customers.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectivity in a fast-paced, multiple-team environment. You should have a solid combination of Quality Assurance knowledge and Software Development Best Practices. You will be working with other engineers to identify testability issues, automation opportunities and implement continuous delivery solutions. You will advocate for Quality and champion for best practices by sharing your expertise.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and build automated test frameworks and tools to support the central framework and multiple engineering teams across Recruiting Engine.
- Helping define software engineering test best practices and providing technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop the test automation strategy and relevant tools to improve test efficiency.
- Building continuous test and deployment systems.
- Analyze test logs; create automation reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
A day in the life
You will be working on a team that owns the UI integration framework, to design and build the right test automation solutions that meet the needs of both the framework and the other tenant applications. You will have direct ownership over the design of the tools and libraries aimed at improving the efficiency, extensibility, and scalability of the quality validation process. Furthermore, you will be working directly with Developers, Development Managers, from multiple teams to ensure the quality development and quality of our applications and frameworks.
About the team
The team owns the full experience of recruiting funnel. We are continuously experimenting, measuring, and learning because recruiting teams deserve an experience that is respectful, straightforward, and frustration-free. We combine product development, technology investments, UX research, scientific analysis, big data analytics, and process optimization.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) and/or equivalent professional work experience & training
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDE-T) with strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Experience in developing test frameworks and automation solutions for complex systems.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Demonstrated understanding of how and where risk is introduced during software development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle and test suite development.
- Experience with standard QA tools and practices, such as functional API testing, integration testing, and UI functionality and usability testing, with a passion for automation
- Experience testing in a service-oriented architecture
- Familiarity with Java unit-testing frameworks
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with test driven development and establishing integration test infrastructures
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming