The AWS Compute Optimizer Console team provide our customers an easy way to understand how efficiently they are using AWS resources via intuitive APIs and a crisp impactful console experience allowing them to prioritize, and act on our recommendations.
We're looking for an experienced Web Development Engineer to build UI experiences for brand new ACO product offerings. You will build modern UI experiences using the latest front-end technologies.
Key job responsibilities
Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions by working with PM, UX designers, and customers.
Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.
A day in the life
We work in tandem with the Control Plane team (Front End APIs) and Product serving all public APIs, internal integrations and enabling Compute Optimizer console integration with other consoles such as EC2, Lambda, etc.
About the team
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years developing rich user interfaces using modern web frameworks
• Experience in a Unix/Linux environment
• OO design and coding skills in multiple languages (such as Java, Python)
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team playerPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience developing software using modern frameworks such as Angular JS, React, Spring or Node
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
• Ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers, leading them to a common technical goal.
• Ability to resolve conflicts and technical disagreements while leading the team to the optimal solution
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
• Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
• Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real.
• A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming