AWS has the most services and more features within those services than any other cloud provider - from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and the Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether it's Identity features such as access management and Sign-on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables customers to secure their workloads in the cloud by providing authentication and authorization mechanisms. With the growth of AWS, the workloads and access patterns keep evolving, demanding the next order of magnitude scalability. We are looking for strong software engineers to build the next generation functionality in this area. Individuals interested in this position should have experience building high-performing, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment in a fast-paced environment.
We desire you to have an established background in design, development and operations of highly scalable and available distributed systems. You must have strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. It is a highly technical space. You are a strong technical contributor who understands the big picture, drives prioritization, builds consensus, and rallies the team behind it. Responsibilities include driving architecture, design, and implementation of complex components while maintaining an uncompromising bar on quality and mentoring junior developers for software within the team.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations worldwide. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Masters or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
- Experience with very large distributed systems such as large-scale distributed database systems, storage farms, and/or horizontally scaled request processing fleets
- Exceptional customer focus including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet ambitious timelines with optimal solutions
- Prior experience in defining, scoping and pitching the business and technical vision for a complicated area within a highly technical domain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming