Would you like to help us build the next-generation cloud services that will power the largest managed infrastructure in the world? We're hiring Software Development Engineers for AWS Compute Optimizer team within Amazon AWS EC2. Our service uses large amounts of data combined with machine learning (ML) and push the boundaries of scale, availability, and performance, while maintaining the highest standards for security and operational excellence. By applying the knowledge drawn from Amazon's own experience running diverse workloads in the cloud, Compute Optimizer identifies workload patterns and recommends optimal compute resources. Compute Optimizer analyzes the configuration and resource utilization of your workload to identify dozens of defining characteristics, for example, if a workload is CPU-intensive, or if it exhibits a daily pattern or if a workload accesses local storage frequently. As part of the team, you will help develop a set of next-generation services within our core AWS EC2 products.
You will take on architectural challenges in making billions of metric records available for various customers and their use cases. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. The AWS Compute Optimizer team is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will both learn and grow while you contribute to our success.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our commerce operations and the businesses they support.
• Help define our secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
• Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/usBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Currently enrolled in Associate's Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant
• Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or CPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• Previous technical internship(s)
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming